Over here at Bacon Social HQ we are currently trying to decide which bacon themed drinks to serve at next month’s event. Here are a few that stood out:
The Tipsy Pig Cocktail
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce Bacon Brown Sugar Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 5 drops bitters
- Candied bacon, from Bacon Brown Sugar Simple Syrup, recipe follows, for garnish
- Gourmet maraschino cherries, such as Luxardo, for garnish
Bacon Brown Sugar Syrup:
- 1 cup cooked chopped bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon, sugar and 1 cup water until lightly boiling. Strain the candied bacon and reserve. Set aside and let cool.
In a shaker filled with ice, add the bourbon, Bacon Brown Sugar Simple Syrup, vermouth and bitters and shake until well mixed. Place 1 large ice cube into 2 tumblers, pour the cocktail over the ice and garnish with a candied bacon piece and a maraschino cherry on a pick.
- 1/4 tsp Original Bacon Salt
- 4 oz Hornitos Anejo tequila
- 4 oz orange juice, fresh squeezed if possible
- 1 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz sweet and sour or Limeade
Put all in a shaker with ice, shake and strain into a Bacon Salt rimmed martini glass. Serves two.